Thursday, April 8, 2010

Project Bananas: Week Four: Become Violin Virtuoso

This was supposed to be easier. I mean, I knew it would be a challenge, and that was the whole point. But I never had any idea that it would be this hard this soon. It's been one thing after another. First I was traveling, then I was sick, then I was traveling again.

What I keep reminding myself is that the whole point of this project is to push myself into achieving more. The success rate is not going to be 100%, and that's ok.

So, week four. As it turns out, this has actually started pretty well. I restarted taking violin lessons at the beginning of the year after 10 years of lessons followed by 10 years of not playing. My lessons were my Christmas gift from my parents. I thought that it would be way easier this time around because as an adult I`m more responsible now and I might actually practice once or twice. Turns out, I`m no more responsible than I was 10 years ago.

Project Bananas: Week Four is Become (a) Violin Virtuoso which is to say I`m going to try to practice almost every day. I practiced on Monday, had my lesson on Tuesday, worked late on Wednesday (so no practice), and practice tonight (Thursday). Three out of four nights isn`t bad. I think I may actually be able to pull this one off.

No comments:

Post a Comment