Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Who needs therapy when you have a blog?

I think we can all agree that Project Bananas is not going quite as I had planned. It's not that I'm not achieving my goals, per say, but I'm definitely not blogging about them in the way I'd hoped. In order for this all to be successful, there needs to be a record.

I actually spend a goodly amount of time thinking about Project Bananas and this blog. If there was a way to take blog entries that I compose on the treadmill directly from my brain to the screen, I would be prolific. Sadly, there is not, so I have to find a better way to manage this. I convince myself that I have too much to do, that there isn't enough time, and that my right to relax in the evening is paramount to everything.

But take this evening for instance. I went to the gym after work and got home at 6:30, ready to make dinner. It turned out that the pork tenderloin I defrosted was short ribs, so D and I had to quickly make an executive decision to cook them. While the ribs started in the oven, I practiced my violin. As we speak, the ribs continue to cook and I'm getting a blog post in. It's 7:45. Who says I don't have time?

My problem is that if I'm not doing 100%, then I want to give in. In a sense, practicing my violin every day is easier than 4-5 days a week because with daily practice there are no excuses. With 4-5 days, I can put a day off to do later and before I know it, I haven't practiced at all.

So Project Bananas: Become Violin Virtuoso continues until Sunday. I was unexpectedly out of town for the weekend, so that was a bust, but I practiced Monday and today (Wednesday) so far. I'm trying and it feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment