Friday, May 7, 2010

Project Bananas: Week Seven: Don't Be a Couch Potato

Project Bananas: Don't Be a Couch Potato has actually been surprisingly tough. On more than a couple occasions I've wanted to just collapse on the couch and watch something comforting but I've stuck with it. There were even a few times where I just turned the TV off and used my computer in silence because there wasn't anything on that I hadn't already seen. Considering that I like to have the TV on as a backdrop, this was a big step.

But talk about first world problems, what I'm really having a problem doing is catching up on my PVR. It could be a reflection of the fact that life is a bit stressful right now, but all I really have the energy for is 30 minute sitcoms. Anything longer than that and it feels like too much to commit to. In addition, those 60 minute shows are all dramas, and I think maybe that's because I just need something lighter in my life. Even tonight, I'm watching Say Yes to the Dress (episodes I haven't seen) instead of anything on my PVR.

This weekend is going to be pretty nutty, but I'm hoping to find a couple of opportunities to hack away at the PVR. I get a strange sense of accomplishment from clearing it up, and lord knows I can always use more of that feeling,

No comments:

Post a Comment