Monday, March 15, 2010

Project Bananas: Week One, Day Four: Become Famous Blogger

I'm not kidding, I think this might be a record. It's day four and I'm still at it!

I'm pretty proud of my self actually, which is good because my violin lesson was a bit of an ego-batterer. I practice, not quite as much as I should, but I do practice. So it completely baffles me that I still sound so terrible. I played violin for 10 years as a kid/teenager. I was no virtuoso, but I was a more than proficient player. Now I'm struggling to bow straight and stay in tune. Forget shifting and vibratto.

I think it's pretty clear what the next Project Bananas is going to be. I'm hoping that Project Bananas: Become Famous Blogger will have given me some stick-to-it-iveness to be able to improve my violin playing because the screeching I've got going on is really not doing it for me.

More than anything, I want to be able to walk away from all of this with the knowledge that I can start something, finish it, and be kind of awesome in the process. I want to know that I've really suceeded at something and feel proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment